Shellharbour Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Shellharbour?
Shellharbour is a beautiful coastal city located in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. This quaint city has been attracting tourists for years due to its scenic beauty, sandy beaches, and rich history. In this article, we will explore a range of tourist attractions that can be found in and around Shellharbour.
1. Killalea State Park: The park is an ideal spot for surfing, camping, and hiking. Located between two beaches, it is perfect for a day trip or a weekend getaway.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4232 2124, Address: Killalea State Park, Killalea Road, Shell Cove, NSW 2529
2. Lake Illawarra: This artificial lake offers a variety of water activities such as fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland, it creates a great atmosphere for picnics and family outings.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4221 6111, Address: Lake Illawarra, Windang Road, Windang, NSW 2528.
3. Bass Point Reserve: A haven for snorkelers and divers, Bass Point Reserve is home to a variety of marine life and coral reefs. Visitors can also explore the area's many bushwalking trails and enjoy a BBQ while taking in the scenic views.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4223 0339, Address: Bass Point Reserve, Bass Point Tourist Road, Shell Cove, NSW 2529.
1. The Shellharbour City Museum: This museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in the rich history of the city. It showcases a range of interactive exhibits, artefacts, and photographs, providing a fascinating look at life in Shellharbour throughout the centuries.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4221 6099, Address: The Shellharbour City Museum, Cnr Addison & Wentworth Sts, Shellharbour City Centre NSW 2529
2. DeGroot's Nurseries and Tearooms: This nursery has been in operation for over 100 years, and it has a rich history. The tearooms within the nursery offer a peaceful setting for lunch or afternoon tea.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4297 1411, Address: DeGroot's Nurseries and Tearooms, 527 Illawarra Highway, Albion Park NSW 2527.
1. Jamberoo Action Park: This water park is a popular destination for families, with its exciting water slides and activities such as the wave pool, rapid river, and Funnel Web.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4236 0114, Address: Jamberoo Action Park, 1215 Jamberoo Road, Jamberoo NSW 2533.
2. Mystics Petting Zoo: This petting zoo offers hands-on experiences with a variety of animals, including kangaroos, emus, and baby farm animals.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4297 1767, Address: Mystics Petting Zoo, 1605 Illawarra Highway, Macquarie Pass NSW 2572
3. Illawarra Light Railway Museum: This museum offers a unique experience to visitors with its narrow-gauge railway and vintage carriage rides.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4256 4627, Address: Illawarra Light Railway Museum, 48 Tongarra Road, Albion Park Rail NSW 2527
1. Tongarra Museum: This small museum showcases a range of cultural artefacts from the early years of Shellharbour's settlement.The museum also includes a restored schoolhouse from the 1800s.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 4260 4225, Address: Tongarra Museum, Darkes Forest Road, Tongarra NSW 2527.
2. Australian Motorlife Museum: The museum has a collection of over 200 cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles from the early 20th century onwards. The collection is presented in a range of themed displays, making it easier to navigate.
Contact Details: Phone: (02) 42 982 178, Address: Australian Motorlife Museum, Integral Energy Recreation Park, Haywards Road, Albion Park NSW 2527.
Shellharbour city has a diverse range of attractions that appeal to both locals and tourists. From its museums and historical attractions to its natural beauty and family-friendly activities, Shellharbour has something for everyone. So why not visit and experience it for yourself?
Shellharbour Tourism Articles